Sunday, April 26, 2015

College Writing Review

I think my favorite thing about writing in college has been that I actually feel I have improved. In high school, I was already a fairly gifted writer. I am way too anal to allow myself to be bad at grammar. My classmates rarely put in considerable effort into their writing, so I was left looking like a super star. It was nice getting easy A's, but I also appreciate the challenge that some of my college courses have presented me. I took a course, "Violence and the Sacred" with Professor Scafe. Not only was the content we studies EXTREMELY interesting, but it also challenged me in a way that I had never been challenged. He was the most helpful writing professor I have ever had. He not only corrected grammar, he taught me how to research more effectively, improve overall structure, and present my ideas more clearly and concisely. This class, however, has helped me specifically with my dialogue punctuation, which I pretty much just made up as I went along before now. Below is my favorite grammar-related meme as of late:

(Favorite Meme)

No comments:

Post a Comment