Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Week Eleven: Reading Diary B: Burning Down the House

So the cousins tried to burn down the Pandavas, which seems pretty extreme to me but so does their jealousy, so it makes sense in a way. I like that the Pandavas did not simply escape, but they tricked the cousins into believing that their plan was a success! I wonder where they got the corpses though... I also wonder why the wanted the builder to die in the fire as well, but were not worried about getting revenge on the mastermind of the plan, at least for now...
The scene with Arjuna winning Draupadi still seems very odd to me. It seems a huge risk to take, given their circumstances. It also seems like the brother who decided all brothers must share the wife was just desperately lonely, because no one seemed happy with his answer and it was clearly not a comfortable concept within their culture.


1 comment:

  1. Val,
    When I first read your title I immediately began singing the song The Great Escape by Boys Like Girls in my head. You did an excellent job with your dialogue. It is a great way of including a lot of detail while also highlighting the difference in personalities of your characters. Overall, I thought this story was excellent! I may even think about writing one of my storytellings like this. Great job!

    ReplyDelete