Monday, April 13, 2015

Week Twelve: Famous Last Words

This past week was the week from hell, academically speaking! I actually turned 21, but I hardly got to celebrate as my birthday fell on a Wednesday (I have class from 11:30 until 9:20) and I have to wake up at six in the morning every Thursday in order to get to work in Oklahoma City on time. I also had a four page French midterm due on Wednesday, as well as an oral French exam and an assignment for my Techniques of Teaching a Foreign Language course. I am really far behind in my Jews/Other Germans course because I had such a hectic week. With this class, we only have a midterm, final, and group project as far as grades are concerned. However, we have weekly reading that you need to do in order to do well on those assignments. At the moment, I am about two full weeks behind, which is very unlike me! I also had to post-pone a meet-up for my group that we were scheduled to have tomorrow because I had not yet done the reading for that, either. I felt bad, but my partner did not seem to care and he said he was behind, too. I felt better after that, haha. But I still need to get on it, our presentation is in a week! Geez, I just realized that. Now I am more nervous. Otherwise, my best friend from high school came to Norman to visit me for the weekend. Her birthday is exactly a week before my own, so we like to celebrate together. We spent Friday at Art Walk, which is super fun if you have never been, by the way. Saturday we went to Copa, a gay club in north OKC. That was fun but my straight self was pretty disappointed by the male dancers. They gotta step up their game! Just sayin’. Then Sunday we went to my congregation (West Wind Unitarian Universalist Congregation, also awesome, if you’re interested in attending hit me up!). Overall, my weekend basically evened out my sucky week! The picture below is of my friend, Steph, and I.It is not from this weekend, but it is a good picture!
(Personal Image of Steph and Myself)

No comments:

Post a Comment