Sunday, April 26, 2015

Week Fourteen: Famous Last Words

This past week I have been so TIRED, which is getting really old because—let’s face it—ain’t nobody got time for extra sleepin’ during dead week and finals. Haha. Over the weekend, I tried to have a girl’s night with a good friend of mine, who happens to be dating my boyfriend’s roommate and close friend. That reality can be both super convenient and fun, but it can also get really annoying. The two don’t have a very strong relationship, but for some unfathomable reason they refuse to just break up. So my boyfriend and I just get to sit on the sidelines and watch their drama, which I normally don’t mind too much. However, this weekend my friend and I decided to go clubbing and we had JUST arrived at the club, not even ten minutes in, and her boyfriend called and they got in an argument and next thing I know she is sad. So we ended up just going home. She said she didn’t mind staying, but mopey friends do not make good dance buddied, haha. I understand how she felt though; I would never want to stay out partying if my boyfriend and I were on the rocks. The night wasn’t a total bust though; her and her boyfriend made up promptly upon our return to our boyfriends’ apartment and my boyfriend and I spent the remainder of the night drinking wine and watching “Bon Cop, Bad Cop” which was a pretty funny movie, made especially funny by my boyfriend occasionally yelling at the characters to “Parler Français!” He is a native French speaker, from the Democratic Republic of the Congo. He has virtually no accent in either language, which is interesting. The movie was made in Quebec and the general consensus is that Quebec is the Alabama of the Francophone world (they have really strong hick accents), so my boyfriend was REALLY annoyed by their strong accents and occasional use of weird words that only exist in Quebec. But for me, it was just really entertaining to watch him get annoyed. My French is not good enough for me to just listen anyways, so it was subtitles for this chick!
File:Bon Cop, Bad Cop (movie poster).jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment