Monday, March 30, 2015

Week Ten: Famous Last Words

This week I have just been trying to get back on my feet and recover from Spring Break. It can be really tough to get myself back into the mindset of school, learning, and HOEMWORK! In my Jews and Other Germans course, I received my mid-term essay grade and I got a one hundred percent. I was shocked! I was really happy with the grade, obviously. Now, we are prepping for our group presentations, which I am nervous for. The actual assignment does not seem too difficult, but I hate public speaking and I do not trust partners in group projects in general. In my French Advanced Phonetics course, I am struggling a little because the grading has gotten tougher as the semester goes by, but I think I can swing a B so long as I keep working. In my French Culture through Film course, I am doing well. The most recent quiz was actually so easy I worried I had missed something really important, but I do not think I did. I am still awaiting the grade for that quiz. We were supposed to have our mid-term paper—in French!—due today, but it was postponed until next Monday, thankfully! In my Techniques of Teaching a Foreign Language course, I am doing excellent. I have gotten either a ninety or a one hundred on every single assignment, so far. I also feel like I learn something important for my career every single class period! Last week, we had class during the tornado that took place in Moore, just fifteen minutes away. My teacher, who is originally from Russia, was extremely nervous and scared, so we had class in the basement of the library. I was okay with this; better safe than sorry, right? Some students seemed annoyed, which I thought was silly. I am also doing well in my Epics of India course, as you can see. Though, I am rather behind this week, I will be turning this extra credit assignment in with just about ten minutes to spare!

(Image from Crowd Album, Moore Tornado 2015)

2 comments:

  1. Getting back from Spring is the absolute worst. Some people don't have anything the week after while others, like me, have so much to do. I feel ya when you say that its hard to get back on your feet. I too am behind on a couple of assignments here and there but I hope this semester goes well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Val! Congrats on that 100 percent! 100's really make you feel so good about yourself and your work lol. I find it funny that you say that you don't like group projects nor trust the partners that much and I'm kind of the same in that I tend to just take charge and do everything, only because I don't think the others in the group are as capable of making the presentation/project as awesome... I know thats mean, but I'm a perfectionist, I can't help it. :D

    ReplyDelete