Thursday, March 5, 2015

Week Eight: Famous Last Words

So this week I am getting back into the swing of things with this class. I have had a brutal two weeks in my other classes and I was—luckily—pretty far ahead in this class. I decided to relax my hard work in this class in order to give myself more time to commit to my others classes. I had a teaching presentation, an exam, a quiz, and a mid-term essay! It was not fun at all! My essay ended up being much more difficult than I had expected; I barely finished it by the deadline! I was stressed out and cranky all week long! But, it is all over now and I can enjoy that this week has gone much better and been much less stressful—especially because I did not have class on Wednesday thanks to the snow! J

I spent the weekend and yesterday (Wednesday) playing video games, drinking wine, and eating pizza (and tipping the poor delivery guy four bucks every time, out of weather-associated guilt). Needless to say, I got some much needed relaxation time thanks to the snow. However, it also made it nearly impossible to motivate myself, in light of the weather. I also had to cancel all of my plans I had this past weekend because no one wanted to drive. L I was supposed to meet up with my friend from high school, who just recently moved to Oklahoma City, on Friday for dinner and drinks so we could catch up. On Saturday, I was supposed to go to lunch with my Arabic language partner. Even though I am no longer learning Arabic, we stayed partners because she really wants to practice her English and we enjoy hanging out a lot. Saturday evening I was planning to hang out with a friend who I recently connected with. Unfortunately, all of those plans had to be cancelled thanks to the weather! And then on Wednesday I was supposed to have dinner with my brother who just moved to Oklahoma City from Fort Worth! I think I need to start watching the weather before making plans… Here is a picture of myself and some friends, including my friend Logan, whom I was supposed to see this past weekend.
(Personal photo of myself and my friends)

3 comments:

  1. Week 8 of school has been crazy hasn't it? I swear that every single person that I know including myself has had like 3 tests all in that same week. Luckily, it is over now, but the school cancellations have reschedule some of my exams for next week. You spent your weekend mostly how I spend mine haha, eating pizza and playing video games.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Val,
    I can absolutely relate to your feeling of relief because of the snow day on Wednesday of last week! I wasn’t able to relax quite as much as you did (although that would have been great), but I was able to stay ahead in most of my classes. I can also relate to having several assignments due toward the end of the semester. I have three group projects and three exams all within a few days of each other. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Val!
    I hear you about writing that paper. I have a 20-page paper due the week after spring break that I'm just dreading to start. Sorry all of your plans got canceled! The weather really does put a damper on things sometimes. But Norman has had some beautiful weather lately, so fingers-crossed that Oklahoma weather will stop being bipolar!

    ReplyDelete