Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Week Nine: Reading Diary B: The Gambling Story

I am going to discuss the dice game because it is the most ridiculous part of the reading for today, in my humble opinion. I cannot believe that moron gambled away all of his ridiculous wealth over a stupid game. But I want to know why the hell his brothers did not intervene!? I would NOT stand by and watch my sibling throw away all of the SHARED wealth within my family, let alone my own freedom and that of my wife! What kind of person just stands by and watches this? And also, how is it fair for one man to roll the dice whilst another gains the winnings? Why was this not argued? It was a pretty obvious trap from my point of view! It was cool that the wife was protected from the disgusting men trying to undress her, though. I did actually like that part. Personally though, I would have left his ass if my husband did that. I liked how she was smart enough to argue that her husband no longer had the right to bet her freedom, since he had already lost his own. She was smart, even though they ignored her. I chose the image below because the queen looks serene, as if she has so much faith in her protector that she is not even disgruntled by her present situation, plus she looks pretty!


No comments:

Post a Comment