Monday, February 2, 2015

Week 4: Reading Diary A


I am really enjoying this new book; it is a very fast-paced and interesting read! I am getting  a little confused with all the names, once again. I was really horrified by the first chapter, the one where the woman drowned her firsts even babies! But I was fascinated by the five brothers all taking the same wife. I thought it was ridiculous how the mother thought she was advising the brothers to share their alms--not a wife--and yet they had to follow through with it. But it also bugged me that the wife-to-be would not speak up and share her own opinion on the situation, after all, she only agreed to marry one brother, not all five! Then again, she was already allowing her husband to be chosen via a competition, so I guess at this point she was fully resigned to her fate... One recurring question I had was in regards to the brothers conception: do they/the general public/their cousins know of their godly lineage? I do not remember this being discussed anywhere in the story, but it seems relevant. I wonder if the family relations would have went over more smoothly had their cousins known of the divine origins, or if this would have only made them even more jealous...

No comments:

Post a Comment